News & Awards
collaboration with Mines students
January 16th, 2020 – Denver, CO
Boyett Petroleum invests $1 million in Colorado-based Cipher Skin startup – looking for cutting-edge, disruptive monitoring solutions for their fuel distribution network.
INNOVATION NEWS FROM AROUND CAMPUS
- Colorado School of Mines receives $4.5M challenge gift to fund new business venture center
The Beck Venture Center – named in honor of lead donors Mike and Kelly Beck – could break ground this spring on the Mines campus.
- An autonomous AED-delivering robot? These Mines students developed one in 36 hours and won SB Hacks.
Automated external defibrillators increase survival rates from sudden cardiac arrest, but only 50 percent of people know where to find an AED unit at work, according to the American Heart Association …
- Tailings-to-glass facility wins Henderson Sustainability Challenge
For the second year in a row, Climax Molybdenum engaged Colorado School of Mines students to think outside the box about the company's Colorado assets.
- Manufacturing competition challenges students to design a new lunar rover wheel
Team CLOVER's winning design was a collapsible 3D-printed wheel that would act almost like a “Ferris wheel of test tubes.”
- New cohort of University Innovation Fellows focused on open educational resources
Connor Smith and Sarena Nguyen were among the 360 students from 90 universities in 13 countries who were named University Innovation Fellows this fall. Run by Stanford University’s Hasso Plattner Inst …
- Pipeline sensors win The Wright Innovation Challenge
A “wearable” sensor array that could detect oil pipeline failures before they happen was the winner of The Wright Outdoor Innovation Competition . The Mines students behind Cipher Skin Orange received …
- Two startups founded out of inaugural Hacking for Defense
Colorado School of Mines offered Hacking for Defense (H4D@Mines) for the first time this semester and two of the inaugural student teams have already founded companies to further the national security …
- University Innovation Fellows invested in campus change
Colorado School of Mines’ new cohort of University Innovation Fellows is focused on finding ways to increase connections among Mines students with similar interests outside the classroom. Miguel Morei …
- Hacking for Defense coming to Colorado School of Mines
Colorado School of Mines students will have the opportunity to put their problem-solving and entrepreneurial skills to work next semester to tackle critical national security challenges. Hacking for D …
- Students envision future of Colorado's Henderson Mine
Colorado School of Mines students are flexing their creative muscle on a real-life challenge to work with Climax Molybdenum, a Freeport-McMoRan company, in envisioning innovative ways to repurpose the …