Beck Venture Center
Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Mines | Beck Venture Center
Helping the Mines Community Build Companies
Welcome to the Mines Beck Venture Center, where we provide support to alumni, faculty and students working on or in an early stage company. We offer a combination of programs, workshops and curated connections with mentors to provide guidance on business model development to increase the likelihood of successfully launching a new company.
We are building our startup community with opportunities for founders, mentors, fractional executives and investors. Our goals are to:
- Offer programs & support for building a viable business model
- Strengthen our network of mentors and fractional executives
- Build relationships with industry, academic, government and investment partners
- Provide guidance on potential access to funding
How we can support you
We provide curated support based on company stage.
Concept (the idea stage or generated from a research project)
– Determine if there’s a problem worth solving
– Fast, inexpensive prototyping
– Test and learn if the proposed solution solves the problem
– Build a functional prototype
– Market opportunity assessment
– Demonstrate customer validation with pilot test or users
– Customer acquisition strategy
– Completion of business model
– Raise capital to fund commercialization & growth
– Build out management team
Founders please tell us about your company and what type of support you need.
Mentors please tell us about your background and how you’d like to help build the Mines startup community.
Vist us in our new 3,500-square-foot temporary location
1600 Jackson, Suite 110
Golden, CO 80401